SIOP, the International Society of Paediatric Oncology, is a dynamic and vibrant global organisation dedicated to increasing knowledge about all aspects of childhood cancer. Our aim is to improve and optimise treatments throughout the world. SIOP’s vision is that no child should die of cancer.
We encourage all healthcare professionals involved in work on cancer in children and young adults to join SIOP, attend our congresses and regional meetings, and use SIOP as a means of developing their networks.
- We have the immense sadness to announce the death of Professor Jean Lemerle who passed away on February 21st 2014. Head of the Department of Pediatric Oncology at Gustave Roussy, Villejuif from 1978 to 1996, Jean Lemerle was an internationally recognized pediatric oncologist. Following Odile Schweisguth, he greatly contributed to the improvement of cure rate of children with cancer with the constant concern of the patient quality of life.
If you wish, you may send testimonies on the following email address email@example.com. If you have photos of Jean, they will be assembled as a book with your testimonies and given to his family.
His funerals will be on Friday February the 28th, at 2.30 pm, at the Saint Albert Le Grand Church, 122 rue de la Glacière, Paris 75013.
Click here to read SIOP Executive Board message on behalf of SIOP community
- Global Cancer Organisations launch a 'Signs and Symptoms' campaign for childhood cancer on International Childhood Cancer Day to promote early detection and referral. Click here for more information. To read the SIOP/ ICCCPO/ UICC press release click here.
- Click here to read the interview of Gabriele Calaminus, SIOP Past President and Oleg Chestnov, WHO Assistant Director-General for Noncommunicable Diseases published on September 26, 2013 in the South China Morning Post.
- SIOP 2014 abstract submission deadline 18 March 2014. Click here for abstract submission.
- SIOP would like to thank XClinical GmbH for its generous donation which will help us acheive our aims.